First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Own a Model Y Performance Tesla
Occupation
Retired CW4 Warrant US Army
I want to see the colors available on the Alaska, actual colors on the vehicle for comparison. Also what is the additional cost for the 113kw battery. On the Ocean it's like $69900K. Ouch, same or more than a Tesla. Fisker are you reading these threads?

Ian.v

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tribeca & CRV
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I agree with your requests.

And I'm thinking the answer to your question, 'is anyone at Fisker reading these threads', base on 'results', I'd say NO. :( Disappointing, to say the least.

OP
OP
BBaldwin

BBaldwin

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I agree with your requests.

And I'm thinking the answer to your question, 'is anyone at Fisker reading these threads', base on 'results', I'd say NO. :( Disappointing, to say the least.

OP
OP
BBaldwin

BBaldwin

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think the EV concept is slowing down, with inflation, a recession on the horizon, wars looming, Tesla stepping back along with Ford and GM slowing production. People cannot afford the EV 's coming.
They need to continue the infrastructure for charging. Everyone is going for the Tesla chargers which is great. They are far ahead of everyone else. I like the Alaska, but it will be a $70K vehicle with the larger battery pack. I am anxious, we have another year or so to see it develop and what options, colors etc are available. I would like this Forum to grow with more questions and answers.
thanks for your reply.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Alaska pricing may well depend on CT pricing, I mean if the dual motor CT comes in under $70K (which it should as it was originally priced at $49.9K back on CT reveal day), the Alaska at $70K would be a hard sell. The CT will have more HP, more towing capacity, larger battery, rear wheel steering, 48V primary power, 800V charging, stainless bodyand it can be used as a boat ;)

If Fisker actually wants to sell the Alaska in volume, it's got to be reasonably priced not bespoke priced.

If the Alaska is indeed priced at $70K + for the "large" pack.. I'll just keep my 2023 R1T.

PS.. the other non-starter for me would be another vehicle with high Vampire drain. I've been reading reports of the Ocean One having high Vampire drain. They need to get that under control, like Rivian needs to get it under control.

Last edited:

Ian.v

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tribeca & CRV
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Alaska pricing may well depend on CT pricing, I mean if the dual motor CT comes in under $70K (which it should as it was originally priced at $49.9K back on CT reveal day), the Alaska at $70K would be a hard sell. The CT will have more HP, more towing capacity, larger battery, rear wheel steering, 48V primary power, 800V charging, stainless bodyand it can be used as a boat ;)

If Fisker actually wants to sell the Alaska in volume, it's got to be reasonably priced not bespoke priced.

If the Alaska is indeed priced at $70K + for the "large" pack.. I'll just keep my 2023 R1T.

PS.. the other non-starter for me would be another vehicle with high Vampire drain. I've been reading reports of the Ocean One having high Vampire drain. They need to get that under control, like Rivian needs to get it under control.

Rob, I've never heard the term 'Vampire Drain', and could guess what it means, but would prefer to be enlightened from a knowledgeable source.
Ian

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Hi Ian,

In EV terms it's parasitic battery drain that occurs when the vehicle is sitting doing nothing productive.. like when it's parked overnight, or at an airport, etc..

Some vehicles have almost no vampire drain- my BMW i3 and my previous Chevy Bolt were good examples of that. I could have them parked for a week and they would lose no range or maybe just a mile of range over that week. Tesla had vampire drain issues earlier, but they got it under control now and it's close to zero in normal outdoor temps.
Rivian on the other hand has much work to do in this area.. some owners are reporting 2kWh + overnight vampire losses which amounts to 4.5miles of range lost per day.. if you run that out over a 7-day period that 31 miles of range lost doing absolutely nothing. And, most of us pay for electricity.. so wasting 14+ kWh of electricity/week really adds up.

The reason I mentioned vampire drain to begin with is I read reports of Fisker Ocean One owners mentioning vampire losses of 2kWh per day too. That is unacceptable and needs to be addressed immediately.

Of course vampire drain is not to be confused with necessary services like battery conditioning in low or high temp situations.