Small on-demand water heater for shower

Davidhzy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
One of my first projects at my new-to-me off grid camp will be building a small shower setup, ideally in the cabin (vs. shower house) to make things easier for use in winter weather. My cabin is in the U.P. of Michigan and will only be used for occasional getaways. The camp has a 5†well with hand pump and no rain water collection yet.
I have purchased a small propane in-demand water heater (similar to a Camplux/Joolca), which as I understand it should be mounted outside the dwelling for safety. That’s no problem in late spring thru early fall when freezing won’t be an issue, but what if I and a want to snowmobile in to my property to stay there in the winter time? Would it be reasonable to have a water container inside the cabin for the pump’s pickup tube to draw from and run that thru a 2nd port in the wall or floor? The second option would be to bypass the water heater outdoors and draw from water indoors that was heated on the wood stove.

I of course understand the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, but what would be the difference between moving the water heater indoors; possibly even by a window, and another gas burning appliance like a stove, heater, or gas lights?

Any input or suggestions would be helpful- thank you!